The letter discussed in this article might just be the most important document to come out in the past year. Although this may sound like a bold claim considering the past year’s events, as well as the fact that I am trying to promote this article, but I assure you, this is not clickbait. The Chinese Communist Party is in fact the biggest existential threat that the West faces.
An open letter written by a group of lawyers, doctors, scientists, and retired Brig. General Robert Spalding (an expert on China and geopolitics) details the evidence pointing to scientific fraud on a massive scale surrounding the public health policies to control COVID-19. The letter was sent to the FBI, U.S. DOJ, MI5, and the intelligences services of Australia, Canada, and Germany. It is available on Medium.com or in pdf If you want to read it for yourself.
The letter begins by explaining how citizens naturally turn to the perceived experts for advice during times of crisis. Then, it explains how most nations implemented lockdowns as the primary method of controlling COVID-19, which were inspired by those imposed by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). In great detail, the letter then goes on to point out the evidence surrounding “the origin and precedent of lockdowns; the scientific literature and debate behind them; the provenance and quality of predominant COVID-19 testing protocols and models; the motivations, biases, and qualifications of certain prominent lockdown supporters; and the source of public-facing communications surrounding these policies.”
Summary of claims made in the letter
There are 11 claims put forth by the letter, which are all back up by thorough analysis and references. These claims can be summarized as follows:
- Lockdowns originated from China on the order of Xi Jinping and were then propagated into global policy by the WHO with little logic or analysis.
- The most alarmist and inaccurate COVID-19 modeler, Neil Ferguson and his team at Imperial College London, are self-described as “China’s best academic partner in the West”.
- The deadly recommendations for using mechanical ventilation as an early intervention for COVID-19 originated from China.
- The predominant but wildly inaccurate PCR testing protocols that have been the global standard for testing for COVID-19 are based on incomplete, theoretical genome sequences supplied by China.
- The predominant, excessive PCR protocols originated from China.
- The only scientific justification for lockdowns of healthy people was significant asymptomatic transmission. However, the only studies showing significant asymptomatic transmission came from China.
- The CCP engaged in an early, substantial and global propaganda campaign to promote its lockdown response. This included the use of Facebook ads and social media, Chinese diplomats aggressively urging Western officials to support their handling of the crisis, China’s financial stakes in nearly every major media outlet, and more.
- Many of the prominent scientist in favor of lockdowns have a conspicuous pro-China bias.
- Many other influential supporters of lockdowns are unqualified to be advising on pandemic policy and often have a pro-China bias.
- Several of the top national health officials in the countries addressed in the letter are unqualified and show a pro-China bias.
- Prominent supporters of lockdowns have been unusually indifferent to the devastating social and economic consequences of their policies.
We must spread the word on the threat of the Chinese Communist Party
The idea that a Communist regime is attempting to influence Western countries for its own political gain is nothing new. Anyone who has a basic understanding of 20th century history gets this. Unfortunately, many westerners who are naïve, ignorant, or even sympathetic to Communism would write this letter off as right-wing propaganda or conspiracy theory. This line of thinking is especially common in left-leaning circles. I would know, as I used to be a self-described socialist. Back then, I was convinced I knew how society should be run. I also thought anyone who disagreed was either stupid, greedy, or bigoted.
However, if you’re a conservative, libertarian, anarchist, or anyone with anti-authoritarian leanings, this letter probably didn’t shock you much. I had already known about many of the revelations in this letter and had tried telling friends and family about. They nearly all got defensive and hostile, and would laugh at me, calling me a conspiracy theorist or an anti-vaxxer for simply telling them documented facts or raising rational questions. Trying to have an open debate with such people is like trying to tear down a brick wall with your bare hands. Anyone familiar with the KGB defector Yuri Bezmenov would recall his interview with G. Edward Griffin, in which he claims he was told by his superiors to, “never bother with leftists”, because they were so possessed by their ideology to face politically-inconvenient facts. It seems that sentiment still holds true today.
We must get through to our left wing friends
Unfortunately, we cannot afford to “never both with leftists” given the urgency of the situation we are in. We are rapidly moving into an age of global technocratic totalitarianism. Words cannot express how scared I am for the future, for the future of freedom and human rights. If we are to even come close to averting totalitarian in the West, we must get through to our leftwing friends. Although they’re naïve, misinformed and eager to trade freedom for security, our only hope lays in waking them up. Only then can we come together to spread awareness and protesting this totalitarian agenda.